Client's Rights & ResponsibilitiesBuilding Healthy Communities | Respecting Traditional Values
SKHC is committed to providing an environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. Client’s rights and responsibilities will be shared as part of the intake process and will be on public documents including on the SKHC website and client pamphlets. This policy is part of the “Service Agreement Form” (Form #FM. 102) that all SKHC clients are asked to sign.
Clients have the right to:
- Receive services that are culturally appropriate and provided in a professional, effective and efficient manner;
- Understand the type of care that is being provided and what receiving that care will mean for them;
- Have their privacy protected;
- Know the limits to confidentiality;
- Know that information about them will only be shared to provide quality care, ensure safety or fulfill legal responsibilities;
- See their file within a reasonable timeframe;
- Provide feedback on services being provided;
- Be informed about available services;
- Make a complaint if they are not satisfied with the care provided;
- Refuse treatment and to be informed of what may happen if they do so;
- Know if students or volunteers will be involved in their one-on-one care and have the right to refuse such involvement.
Clients have the responsibility to:
- Be respectful to SKHC staff and other community members at SKHC;
- Be respectful and not damage SKHC property;
- Attend appointments and call if you cannot make an appointment;
- Adhere to guidelines, protocols, and agreements of SKHC and their programs;
- Help maintain a safe environment at SKHC including not engaging in any behavior (e.g. bringing weapons, alcohol or drugs to SKHC) that could jeopardize other community members;
- Respect the confidentiality of the SKHC environment and of other clients.